Saturday, August 6, 2016

I DID IT!!!!!

Apparently you CAN teach on old dog (or cat) a new trick.

I have been so taken by folks mixed media work, artist trading blocks, dolls, jars filled with printed digital pieces.  I just had to give it a try.

A huge shout out to Hines, who had confidence in me and answered my repeated questions.  I probably didn't do it right.  It could peel and fall apart tomorrow before I finish embellishing it... but, for a first try on a .99 cent trinket box, I am quite proud of myself......

I can't resist sharing a half ass, cat assisted tutorial.....

I started by choosing a digital kit to work with.  I chose itKuPiLLi's CELESTE at Mischief Circus.
(I cannot say enough about my peeps at Mischief Circus who always encourage, inspire and assist me in trying new things.)

I created a top and sides for my box.


Next step?  Plugging in the printer that hadn't had any ink in a couple of years.
 
(As you can see....the excitement of all of this was just too much.)


I don't think I had the settings right.  The print wasn't as good quality as I remembered so I'll have to play with the settings. 



Noah attempted to find the right screen for me to change the settings but got sidetracked when more paper started spitting out.



From there I moved on to the bowels of the basement to paint.  THANKFULLY.  First foot I attempted to paint with an old tube of paint I found in my craft box jumped out of my hand and fell in the paint bowl.





I painted, I glued I mod podged....  now I wait for the next round.  Another layer of paint for the feet and some trinkets.

Maybe there's hope for me after all!!!!  



If you dream it... DO IT!


2 comments:

  1. Ooooo I am soooo jealous! This looks like sooo much fun! You did good young lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "YOUNG" lady! You're too funny! I had fun. Can't wait to do more...and more complicated. Feel silly I'm so excited over something so small, but it was WAY out of my comfort zone!

      Delete