Monday, December 29, 2014

MAGNOLIAS, MOSS and MEMORIES

Just released today!!!   Xquizart's newest kit "MAGNOLIA.  You can purchase it at Mischief Circus

http://www.mischiefcircus.com/shop/product.php?productid=22577&cat=&page=

I'm very excited about this kit.  Just the word "Magnolia" brought back a flood of memories for me.  I was 18 years old in 1983 when I left New England for the first time, headed to basic training at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas.  I had never been out of the confines of my stuffy little region and was overwhelmed by southern hospitality.

After spending some time for training in Southern and Northern Texas I received my first assignment to Keelser Air Force Base in Mississippi.  I have been home for nearly eighteen years now and will never forget my time there.  Several years of good food, good music and good people.  There is nothing like a southern gentleman to make you feel beautiful and nothing like a southern belle to make you feel at home.

The warmth of the south isn't just something you read about in books or see in movies... visit... you won't be sorry.  Walk the long paths to old plantations with their spanish moss hanging from the trees, sit under a magnolia and sip sweet tea. 

I had a t-shirt I got when in tech school in northern Texas.  It read; "Yankee by Birth / Southern by Force".  I am very thankful the Air Force chose to send me to Mississippi.  I'm not so sure I'd have found my way there any other way and I am so very thankful for the experience.

Xquizart's MAGNOLIA, as you can see... brought back sweet memories.  See ya'll later!

Miss Arline



The moment when you've had too much bourbon and leave the house without your pants!  OOPS!




No wonder I'm always dizzy; the world keeps spinning in circles~






 


No comments:

Post a Comment