Wednesday, January 7, 2015

VINTAGE ROSE

Greetings!  Happy New Year!

Just released Xquizart's newest collection "Vintage Rose"  You can find it here at Mischief Circus, as well as all of Deb's other kits. 

I think I surprised myself.  I'm not a "pink" girl, but I had a lot of fun with this.  I came to Mischief Circus because of Deb's artdolls and have to say, I LOVE that she has now incorporated collections with accessories, furniture and the such.  So, much fun to make a strictly "Xquizart" piece, though I must admit, I still love throwing her dolls into just about every Mischief Circus kit I have, no matter the artist.

To prove the point I thought "outside" the box on this one.  I decided not to use a single doll, just to show what she has to offer along with her fabulous dolls.


This reminds me of an old gift stop I use to visit in an old train station.  I could walk around that place for hours and did most of my Christmas shopping there years ago.  It has since shut down, but if it were still there, I think it would look something like this for certain.

Anyone who has read from the beginning of this blog, knows I am my own worst critic and have little faith in myself.  Just applying to be a part of Deb's team was a HUGE thing for me.  To be chosen...well, yes.. I am still pinching myself.

For that reason, I think a lot of my pieces end up having to do with confidence and believing in yourself.  I think it's the hardest thing we sometimes have to do.  

Believe it or not, in high school, I was voted "Class Optimist".  Apparently I have the gift of inspiration, courage, going forth and seizing the day for everyone but "ME".  lol   So, even though I'm not big on New Years Resolutions, I made two promises to myself for 2015.   To be more positive and to take better care of myself.   I already had my physical this week, but no one wants to hear about me turning 50 this year and needing a colonoscopy!  hahahaha

What I was getting to though, is being positive.  This next piece represents how hard it is to see what others see when we look in the mirror.


SELF ESTEEM.

"It's not your job to like me; It's MINE"

From there I moved on to my daily mantra to "believe in yourself".




 I leave you this morning with a few more pieces I created with Xquizart's new Vintage Rose kit as well.  Remember, grab the kit..  Come play with me!!!!


PRETTY IN PINK


SANCTUARY
(Created with Xquizart's Vintage Rose and these Holliewood Studio kits...  All That Glitters, Out of this World and Special Effects)


THE GEM




Until next time.  Hugs from my corner,
Arline





No comments:

Post a Comment