Monday, March 23, 2015

THE LIFE OF A VAGABOUND

Oh, I am so very excited.  My first kit work for Marta Van Eck and it's a collab with all the fabulous artists at Mischief Circus.  I cannot wait to play with all the different kits!!!  I certainly had a blast creating for both Marta and Deb on this one.   The Xquizart kit is phenomenal.  I was immediately in love with all the colors and the outfits.  Oh, if only I had their wardrobe!!!!  The only one I didn't submit to either of them was done with a mixture of both their kits on the collab.  That was a bonus, just for me once the deadline hit... it was cold outside...and I had nothing else to do. (and wasn't sure if I should submit it to both of them, or one of them and if that was even appropriate to do.  ...note to self....ASK)


The paper, the road sign, the wooden box and to hobo bag on a stick are from Marta's kit.
The dolls of course, from Xquizart.

I'll be back to my separate posts for each kit after this, but since it was a collaboration anyhow, I thought it would be okay to join them in my blog.

Marta's kit is full of amazing places to visit... monuments, landmarks... world travel all neatly packaged in one kit.  I was afraid I'd bitten off more than I could chew, applying, but was so excited to get started once I had the link to the new kit.  Oh, this courage thing is quite fun!!

Here were my four submissions.  Can't wait to play with this kit some more.

 
Planes, Trains (okay...a wagon) and Automobiles!!!!   Presidential Monuments and an open road!  It's like taking a journey without ever stepping away from the computer!!!

THE DREAMER

From her broken window in her home of darkness, she dreamed of far away places.

 IT'S HARD TO LOVE A TRAVELING MAN

Oh, how I love all the elements with Marta's kit.  So many different things.  I really need to practice my shadows.  Slowly getting a bit better at them.   But, can see where I need to work on some darkness to draw you in to the couple in the center.   (things to work on)


THESE BOOTS ARE MADE FOR WALKING

Was having a discussion with a friend last night that sometimes "less is more".  I added so little to the paper, but for me it worked.  It was enough.  It made a statement.


...on to the new Xquizart kit from Deb.  Vagabound Adventures!  Oh, dear!   I am turning into a broken record.  Every time she gives me a new kit to play with it becomes and instant favorite and shoots to the top of my favorite list.  This one is no exception.   The colors, the hats, the purses... and she included WINE!!!  What girl wouldn't love this adventure?

I can't wait to get home from work so I can play some more!!!!  Everyone should be thankful we only got this kit a couple days before the release.  I'd have been overloading the system with pages if given more time.  lol


I used one of Xquizart's ATC cards for this one, along with a couple elements from Tumble Fish Studio.  (City Skies and Wispy Pieces)

 LET YOUR DREAMS FLY
(butterflies are from my stash)

 HOME IS WHERE YOU HANG YOUR HAT

Shocked myself that I would even create a page about hats.  I hate hats!  Okay, I don't HATE hats... I like to look at them, I just HATE to WEAR them.  I remember day one in the military, being handed my "cover" and finding out every single time I stepped outside that thing would have to be on my head as I crossed the threshold.  I was all about Duty, Honor and Country... but, no one warned me about the hat!!!   

I've been back in New England for always twenty years now. I do NOT own a winter hat! :)

As for Deb's hats in this kit... ABSOLUTELY FABULOUS.


 LET LOVE LEAD YOU

(okay, maybe not always the best advice.  At least not with my past, but you've got a 50/50 shot it'll work.  Besides, what have you got to lose?)


I saw the above quote some time ago and HAD to use it here.  I thought of it as soon as I saw all the pocketbooks!  Now if I can only create a page with the meme "I can still wear the same earrings I wore in high school!!!!"
 
 "PACK LIGHT" he said.
"I'VE NEVER HEARD OF SUCH A THING." she said.
That's just crazy!!!

 ...and lastly......      This just might become my new profile picture.  Really, how can you not love a traveling cart of wine?   xoxoxox

Until next time!!!

Hugs from my corner,
Arline

No comments:

Post a Comment